Monday 14 September 2015

Task 11 Research Inspirations and directors

The idea I'm running with came to me through several short films and several techniques used by certain directors.
Spider (2007)
This short film influenced me in the way that it made me want to include a huge revelation in my film to the point that it makes the viewer feel so uncomfortable. This film directed and written by Nash Edgerton shows such a simple situation in which a couple are driving somewhere in silence after an argument and turns this situation completely on it's head. I first watched this film with a group of peopleand Nash's direction and his story's twist causes a gasp from every member of the audience but he doesn't just leave it there Nah's writing turns the simple situation of a woman being hit by a car on it's again with what happend to Nash's character.






Sir Ridley Scott
Scott is a 78 year old director born and raised in England and is famously known for creating phenomenal films, such as Thelma and Louise, Alien, Gladiator, Blade Runner and most recently the Oscar nominated 'The Martian'. This filmaker will witout a doubt go down in history but his films are much more to me than a pulsating joy ride like most of his films are there a perfect creation of tension to the point where you are completely enthralled in this characters stroy and cannot look away. A perfect example for this is the opening to his 2012 Alien prequel, Prometheus where the opening 3 minutes are a selection of panning shots of landscape a stragely tense set of shots, perfectly setting the scene for the rest of this film. This perfect use of landscape to create negative and tense feelings, is something I'd like to recreate in my film. As well as this use of landscape Ridley Scott is very good at creating strong an powerful female protagonists you are one hundred percent behind throughout. Examples of these protagonist are Ellen Ripley from 1979's "Alien" and Thelma and Louise from "Thelma and Louise" this creation of a strong female protagonist is something I have attempted to recreate in "Hara-Kiri" with my actress Chloe.


No comments:

Post a Comment